Last one to post here wins!

+2
Tashina-Karamomo
SadJester
6 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Last one to post here wins! - Page 6 Empty Re: Last one to post here wins!

Post by SadJester Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:12 am

I remember her being an admin. What a torturous couple of months you've probably had. Sorry to hear about that, it's always sad to hear about a breakup. It's really mature to end the relationship like that before it really gets out of hand. My relationship also ended a couple of weeks ago. It ended more amicably though and we're still friends and talk on occasion.
SadJester
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:56 pm

Most girls I try dating end with us still being friends. One of which I still say is one of my best friends.
That was the second time it ended really badly for me; probably worse than the first time for me.

Yeah even having her as an admin was a mistake because she only logged on maybe 3 or 4 times even though she promised to help.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:19 am

It's great to have a friendship at least. I think we work great as friends-probably better than we had as boyfriend/girlfriend. I'm sure we'll find someone special though. We shouldn't lose hope.
SadJester
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:49 am

I can agree to that. In a way there is a benefit to it too; while even though it sucks you've both decided not to be romantic with another any more, it does mean that the two of you understand each other in a way that's deeper than other friendships. That way that if one person needs someone to go to for some emotional support or advice; then that friend will likely know how to help you because they have seen a side of you that not many others have seen.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:31 am

Yes, you're spot on Bryan. That's exactly what happened, as we give each other emotional support now during hard times. We really help each other now. It's a real deep friendship that I'm thankful for.
SadJester
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:30 pm

I got that kind of thing with several of the girls I had feelings for, I hoped things would be like that for Puppy too but... ehhh
I couldn't spend time with my friends without her getting bitchy. Turned out she was lying about some of my friends too.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:28 am

Yeah, it's a shame. It sounds like you have a number of good friends to support you though, which is great. What did she lie about?
SadJester
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:35 pm

Mostly that she was saying that my other friends were spreading shit about me - specifically to people that they and she knew I didn't like or get along with.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:59 am

Wow, that's a conniving and cruel thing to do. I can totally see why you said you were lucky to get out of that relationship. Phew.
SadJester
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:50 pm

I believed her at first with that lie, but when she said the same thing about another friend - who I KNOW is very secretive - I was inclined to believe she was lying
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:10 am

Some people just want to hurt. My ex recently said she wanted to have a romantic relationship again, though I'm fine with how we are now. Surprised
SadJester
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:30 pm

I think you're right. I kinda wish I could understand why. I can understanding wanting to hurt someone who wronged you. Wanting revenge is a natural impulse afterall. But to hurt without any reason? I have trouble understanding that.

She wants to have another romantic relationship with you or in general? If with you; then I would say yeah in your place unless you have a good solid reason not to. Maybe take more time to just be friends then ease back into it. But if its in general; then I can relate. I may have been horribly betrayed to and lied to twice now, but it hasn't changed that I want a romantic relationship. But I definitely am more willing to take it slow.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:27 am

It's most probably difficult to understand if you aren't in the exact mindset of that person. I think it isn't down to logic, it's just an emotional impulse to try and hurt someone.

She wanted to get back together again with me. I did actually decline, because someone else asked me to wait for them. So I couldn't in good conscience say yes. It's unfortunate. To her credit she took it all in her stride and we're still friends.
SadJester
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:10 pm

Then I will never understand since I'm a more logical person. And imo people just hurting one another for the sake of making themselves feel better like internet trolls or bullies is just a hindrance on our evolution as a society and race.

With that reason; I can understand. It'd give me a bad taste in my mouth which is worse than just the regret of turning down my ex.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:46 am

I tend to be more logical too. So true, we've got enough hurt in the world as it is. People should think twice before saying something bad or hurting someone else, and support each other more.

Yes. I'm not going to lie to both of them. It's best to put all the cards on the table.
SadJester
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Yeah I think that may be the problem: not enough thinking and compassion.

I agree. But it often seems like now-a-days don't want the cards on the table. They'd rather keep their hand and keep folding so they don't lose anything. People don't want to risk trusting one another for one reason or another.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:46 am

I think it is sadly the problems of today.

I think people are afraid of getting hurt. Nothing risked, nothing gained though. Trusting another is integral to it and being direct is so important. I hope more people realise it.
SadJester
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:27 pm

in a way I understand not wanting to trust someone; especially new; but I think in time then an effort should be made - whether it be for friendship or romantic.
TBH I don't see the fear in getting hurt too much any more. I've learned the pain eventually subsides - even if at the time we didn't think it ever could. Scars can remain but they aren't as painful as people make them out to be in the long run. Scars make the person. Helps forms who we are.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:58 am

If you are already in the relationship the you may just as well trust the person. Hurting the other person because you can't trust helps on one.

Wow, again so true...our pain also makes up a part of who we are. We learn from it and it remains in us.
SadJester
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:52 am

Now I'm just thinking of this life-lesson quote from Star Trek 5:
"Damn it Bones, you're a Doctor! You know pain can't be taken away with the wave of a magic wand! The things we carry with us makes us who we are. We lose those we lose ourselves! I don't want my pain taken away! I NEED MY PAIN!"

Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:07 am

That's such a powerful scene, and I totally agree with that. Even more fitting because of the recent 50th anniversary of Star Trek. We have to take the good with the bad. The pain with the pleasure.

SadJester
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:58 am

funny you say that since this is considered to be the WORST Star Trek movie of all time. (still I can't seem to hate it)

But in a beautiful ironic way; that's what makes this line in particular from this movie makes it all the more ironic. This maybe the worst but its still a part of Star Trek; its part of the series and pretty much every movie and episode after this one tried to not go down this particular rabbit hole again. It was a lesson for the writers and directors and actors.

Pain has this way of showing you what is truly precious and worth keeping. Pain is a far better teacher than pleasure afterall.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:56 am

Oh, really? Why was it so hated? I'm what you would call a casual Star Trek fan. Mostly I watched Star Trek: The Next Generation when I was young. Later I caught a few of the original series' episodes.

Those words truly resonate. Wow.
SadJester
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:19 pm

I lean more on the diehard side (but not so much I can speak in Klingon) I've seen almost all the TV series and movies and played a few of the games; currecntly working on some of the books. I haven't seen the Animated series or DS9 (I refuse to watch the former since the animation is so HORRIBLE I can barely handle it) (the latter I just wasn't a big fan of with the setting; instead of going anywhere they are just hanging out on a Space Station)

I was raised on the original even since I was born. A number of people in my family are original fans since they watched the original when it first aired in the 60's. I've watched TNG, Enterprise and Voyager. I haven't seen the newest movie yet though.

In regards to Star Trek 5; people didn't like it since it heavily went on a very touchy subject; Religion or more accurately "is there a God?" because it was about Spock's Step Brother who is a Jesus-wanna-be that hijacks the Enterprise so he can try to find Sha'ka Re (AKA: Eden) and more specifically God.
The story was just something that even for Star Trek was off the wall (plus the series has always been a bit off when it had episodes in regards to religion/gods like "The Way to Eden", "Who Mourns for Adonis?") and in the latter part of the movie they asked and said things that left people's heads turning. Like this scene:

Personally I think there is much worse movies out there than this movie or any of the odd-numbered Star Trek movies. I liked the humor and interactions between the crew in this one. Like how even on their shore leave they spend it together; showing that this crew is more than just crewmates or friends; they are pretty much family. Plus I found the ending scene of Kirk, Spock and McCoy singing together "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" cute.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:43 am

Haha, Kirk has some healthy skepticism in that scene. What do you think of the newer Star Trek movies? I've seen Star Trek (2009) and Star Trek Into Darkness and I thought they weren't too bad. The one released this year, Star Trek Beyond, is apparently quite good.
SadJester
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next