Tetora-Senpai
Takumi of the Wind
Tashina-Karamomo
Hyera
Bryan Dacote
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who's in Collage and Who's got a job?` Empty Who's in Collage and Who's got a job?`

Post by Bryan Dacote Sat May 02, 2015 10:54 pm

I was just thinking the forum is pretty quiet except for certain threads (looking at Flirt thread, 2-3 word game, last one to post, and a few others) and I was thinking this might be because of collage work.

I've never been in collage and I likely never will be since I have no interest in it. So is finals going on right now? What's your major or whatever?

As for everyone else: Do you have a job? What kind? If not; what are you hoping for?

I'm working at a local grocery store. Nothing fancy, but it looks like I'll need to eventually get a second job or go full time due to personal reasons.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down

Who's in Collage and Who's got a job?` Empty Re: Who's in Collage and Who's got a job?`

Post by Hyera Sat May 02, 2015 11:16 pm

im still high school student (art academy) and work part time. i dont have problem about time management. Still have plenty time to hangout with friends, eating,playing and etc.

For threads,  there are certain topic i not involved. Maybe im not interested.

Last edited by Hyera on Mon May 04, 2015 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : resized)
Hyera
Hyera
BG MASCOT
BG MASCOT

http://hyerahizyb.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Who's in Collage and Who's got a job?` Empty Re: Who's in Collage and Who's got a job?`

Post by Tashina-Karamomo Sat May 02, 2015 11:27 pm

Ughhhh dont even say that dreaded F word senpai!

=.=

college is being so mean right now. especially since Im in med school (dental assistant), its not at the least a little easy
Tashina-Karamomo
Tashina-Karamomo
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Sat May 02, 2015 11:36 pm

Really? Again; I've never been in collage. Everyone seems to be under a lot of pressure. I feel kinda bad for not understanding it. I do have some experence in nursing but it was as a PCA (personal care assistant)
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tashina-Karamomo Sat May 02, 2015 11:42 pm

Yeah, Around finals time.....its like a fight to the death. pick your study groups, exile the ones you know whos going to fail, then take the test that gives you a never ending heart attack.... its tortureeeee x.x
Tashina-Karamomo
Tashina-Karamomo
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyera Sat May 02, 2015 11:53 pm

Bryan Dacote wrote:Really? Again; I've never been in collage. Everyone seems to be under a lot of pressure. I feel kinda bad for not understanding it.
:3 i was thinking the same thing.
Hyera
Hyera
BG MASCOT
BG MASCOT

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Sun May 03, 2015 12:09 am

*high fives with Hyera*

Well hopefully it'll soon be over Tashina? then you will experience the full power of my demon flirting (as I warned) XD
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by Takumi of the Wind Sun May 03, 2015 12:12 am

I am currently attending my last year of College. I am on a five-year plan for a degree in Graphic Design. I am, if things go accordingly, on track to graduate this December.

I do not have a job however. Being an art student, and having to take many studio classes each semester, the amount of work makes it impossible for me to hold a job outside of classes. I do however, try to work during the summer. I'm currently searching for a Part Time summer job.

---

Though it's not for everyone, I like to suggest to people to at least try college. Higher learning has many benefits, and most of the "it's not truly necessary" arguments bother me because it dismisses opportunities to push one's boundaries and creates issues like the current downfall of the American Educational system. Even if you don't specialize in any degree, it really does make a difference in the individual and your life experiences, if you can afford it.

I really do wish they'd fix how expensive American college is. That really contributes heavily to the problem we have with the lack of a population attending it.
Takumi of the Wind
Takumi of the Wind
LEVEL 7
LEVEL 7

http://www.the-dark-alliance.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tetora-Senpai Sun May 03, 2015 1:55 am

I was in college last year. Now have a part-time job.
Tetora-Senpai
Tetora-Senpai
LEVEL 9
LEVEL 9

http://bigjaa.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2015 2:06 am

Collage is kicking my ass atm.

I need to endure it though... This is the last bout.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Sun May 03, 2015 2:43 am

Takumi of the Wind wrote:
Though it's not for everyone, I like to suggest to people to at least try college. Higher learning has many benefits, and most of the "it's not truly necessary" arguments bother me because it dismisses opportunities to push one's boundaries and creates issues like the current downfall of the American Educational system. Even if you don't specialize in any degree, it really does make a difference in the individual and your life experiences, if you can afford it.

I really do wish they'd fix how expensive American college is. That really contributes heavily to the problem we have with the lack of a population attending it.

Personally I'm on the "it's not necessary" end. But then again; I truly never figured out what one true talent or skill I have I want to pursue. I have a little experience in medical since I worked as a PCA for 3 years (when I turned 16 to when I was 19. Taking care of my father till he died) but I don't have any interest in the field. I only did it to make money and take care of my father. I know I got a bunch of random little talents I could take advantage of provided I put my mind to it. I have a small talent for massaging. I enjoy managing sites and working with the software end of computers. Hardware end of entertainment systems. I often get praised for my writing. And I do like dabbling a bit into interior decorating. All are talents I can work with. I know I could probably handle 4 years of collage provided I figured what I wanted. But I've never been very well off in money to pay for it, and no way in hell am I dabbling into being in debt on student loans. Fuck that. And you're damn straight: the system is complete FUBAR. I don't think it helps the massive debt the nation is in anyway. But I don't understand politics and such very well. So I ain't the person to figure out the actual solution. I just feel its not helping us. I did hear that about 10-20 years ago a teen could have a summer part time job and have enough money to pay for collage, but now someone needs to be working at least 4 years at a fulltime job to barely pay it off.

And besides; with the way my life is right now; collage is not and never will be an option for me anymore (even though it could have been). I need to help pay the mortgage with the little income I make. As important as collage is; I'd rather just work at the job I have; eventually move up to full time, pay off the mortgage then decide if I'm better staying here; in inheriting the house for myself or somehow moving out. But one step at a time.

All of my male relatives on my father's side have gone to collage - even if they didn't get a job in the field they studied in. I personally feel you don't NEED it. My father studied psychiatry but never got a job in the field due to his blindness. Maybe that little paragraph of his master's degree at BU must have helped when he landed the secretary job at Boston City Hall in the early 80's, but my dad only had the ONE JOB his entire life. Yeah him and my parents lived off of SSI and such, but there are people who make a living off the more meager jobs.

I could just be stubborn and close minded. But you said it yourself; its not for everyone. I decided its not my thing and I can get by without it.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by Takumi of the Wind Sun May 03, 2015 11:24 am

Well the thing is Bryan, most people don't go to college already knowing what they want to go into or having a preset skill. Very rarely do you get a prodigy. You go to college to decide what you want to do and then specialize in it. Besides, most of the time, you spend the first two years of it taking core Gen-Ed classes. Then once you hit your Junior Year, you start deciding what you want to do and specialize in it. Though, that's a Liberal Arts college, not a trade school (Liberal Arts is the focus on studying as many subjects as possible to better define yourself as a person of higher learning and also to increase your skills and potential regardless of what you go into).

Either way, having a handful of useful skills in life is the most important part. Higher learning is only there to help you push it further. But yes, it's not for everyone and it's so fucking expensive right now. >.<
Takumi of the Wind
Takumi of the Wind
LEVEL 7
LEVEL 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2015 12:49 pm

Yeah,... I agree with you both.

I really regret letting my parent pushing me towards university when I only had a really vague idea of what I wanted to do. Although to be fair, at the time, I really thought I had it figured out, but it took two years of studying for me to realize that I wasn't interested in it and that I should look somewhere else for my future plans.

Luckily, I found that something in time, and I'm only waiting for the end of this month to fully dedicate myself to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Takumi of the Wind Sun May 03, 2015 12:58 pm

Haha, I went into college immediately after high school. I wish I had taken a year off, but, oh well.
Takumi of the Wind
Takumi of the Wind
LEVEL 7
LEVEL 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2015 1:04 pm

I'm taking my year off now. I just can't deal with this anymore... Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester Mon May 04, 2015 10:55 am

I know the feeling. I'm busy with a Doctorate in history. So it's basically been 5 years of non-stop learning for me since I've been out of school. I'm looking for something part-time so that I can do my degree and work. Finally I've got a little breathing room. Smile
SadJester
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by gwidhw Tue May 12, 2015 3:35 am

2 semesters until my Bachelor's in Psych is a reality!!! Very Happy
...so... much... work...! >.<

..and going to work to pay for it..?!?!
So... much... more work...! >.<

..It'll be worth it though Smile
gwidhw
gwidhw
Full Moderator
Full Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing Crystal ~dD Tue May 26, 2015 1:48 pm

my high school and entrance just got over! :O
and i am going to enter university.. >_<
but yeah for the next 2 months i am kind of like a NEET.. coz its vacations for me...
Laughing Crystal ~dD
Laughing Crystal ~dD
LEVEL 5
LEVEL 5

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester Wed May 27, 2015 10:42 am

Lucky you. Enjoy it. You can probably also use some of the time to think about your future too and what university course you're going to take. Or do you already know which course you are going to apply to?
SadJester
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing Crystal ~dD Fri May 29, 2015 6:35 am

Yess.. i have planned it all :3
i have a future plan, and i know what i need to do... XD
and yeah.. would be going into medical field!
I already started the prepararions for it too lol!
i am still thinking of ways to help me achieve my goal! :p
Laughing Crystal ~dD
Laughing Crystal ~dD
LEVEL 5
LEVEL 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing Crystal ~dD Fri May 29, 2015 6:37 am

Well even though i would be studying MBBS.. my main priority is research in genetics..
Laughing Crystal ~dD
Laughing Crystal ~dD
LEVEL 5
LEVEL 5

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester Fri May 29, 2015 11:16 am

Wow, that's awesome. Really interesting field genetics. Hope all your future plans are realized. You can never have too many doctors and researchers.
SadJester
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by starscream Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:54 am

I've one last exam left. After that I'll get my bachelor's degree in Electronics & Communication engineering. I haven't got job yet. If I don't get it soon then I'm going to for masters.
starscream
starscream
LEVEL 1
LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyera Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:01 am

:O everyone is awesome!

Hyera
Hyera
BG MASCOT
BG MASCOT

Back to top Go down

Post by Uni Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:04 pm

Not in college yet. I'm not even in High School yet. xD I'm still in Middle School, so I'm not even close. I'm going to be in 8th grade soon.

I think I'm the youngest in this forum.. O_O
Uni
Uni
LEVEL 3
LEVEL 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum