Revisiting the Forum 5 Years Later

Go down

Revisiting the Forum 5 Years Later Empty Revisiting the Forum 5 Years Later

Post by Bryan Dacote Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:45 pm

So it's been about 5 years and change since this forum was made, and after about one or 2 years this forum basically died.

Occasionally when I remember about this place, I come and take a look at the homepage and reminisce about the fun times we had making this short-lived community. Feels kinda weird that I don't really talk to anyone on this forum anymore except Monja. Not even Tashina who I developed a huge crush on at the time.

It's sad. Almost feels like a grave site (pun not intended). Not just on the friendships that came and went, but on forums as a whole. Social Media websites like Facebook and Twitter dominate the internet when it comes to social interaction on the web. Reddit - while I have never personally used it - comes off as a modern forum website. I am pretty sure MaiOtaku which many of us met on, I think is still going on. One of the few forums that is still active.

Sometimes I wish I could inject life back into this place, But I don't think I could even if I tried. Still, I will never delete this place. I love this place and the memories too much to get rid of it. I suppose this post is a way of maybe poking this dead site. Maybe a bit of actvity on my part may make someone, anyone come back.

So here's to you, Blargaria and everyone that took part in this community. I am so grateful that you were here, that you spent time here, that you made memories here despite how short lived the flame of its life burned. This site isn't even a footnote in the history of the internet, but it was here, and it was ours.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down