Ever lost a close family member or pet?

Go down

Ever lost a close family member or pet? Empty Ever lost a close family member or pet?

Post by Bryan Dacote Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:51 am

Just this past Sunday (August 9th, 2015) marked the 5th anniversary of my father's death whom I was very close with. He died when I was 19 years old, one year after I graduated from High School which he proudly got to see me do.

In addition 8/7 is the 1st anniversary if my step-grandfather's death. A friend died on 8/8 - the day after my step-grandfather died and I found out I was potentially losing my job. I also happened to be giving up my 2 cats; Kaden and Tigger a month after I gave up my dog Butch. The animals likely have loving families by now. But I did have to put down a previous cat on October 2nd 2008. The day after this past Christmas my grandmother also died. My biological grandfather (on my dad's side) died when I lost my job in 2013 (I don't recall the exact date). I never knew my biological grandfather on my mother's side since he died when my mother was 19 a few months after her younger brother died whom I also never got to know.

With the recent anniversary of my father's death (whom I was closest too out of all those people I listed) I can't help but think of him at times and miss him dearly. I've been rewatching all the Star Trek movies in order as my way of remembering him since he was a very big Trekkie and he was the one who got me into it. It was the glue that held me, my mom and my dad together and grew us close. I wear a tube with his ashes around my neck every day. I honestly feel weird on days I neglect to wear it.

I also can't help but wonder if any of you guys have close family members whom have died. So what's your story and what is it that you miss about them?

Here's a picture of my dad and me when I was about 10 years old.
Ever lost a close family member or pet? Bryan_10
here's the necklace I wear with his ashes.
Ever lost a close family member or pet? 20150810
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down

Ever lost a close family member or pet? Empty Re: Ever lost a close family member or pet?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:12 pm

Throughout last year, I have lost, my dog, my grandfather and my childhood friend.

Am I used to loss by now?
Not quite. It's not like I enjoyed any of it.

Back to top Go down

Ever lost a close family member or pet? Empty Re: Ever lost a close family member or pet?

Post by Bryan Dacote Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:34 pm

I sadly am used to it now. I'm numb to loss and rejection. Neither hurt me anymore. Between all those deaths last year the thing that hit me hardest was giving up my pets. That hurt so much to do and I still miss them a great deal. My dad was the last (and only) human death that affected me and it still does.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum