Selfish or Selfless?

+3
gwidhw
starscream
MonjaElisa
7 posters

Go down

Selfish or Selfless? Empty Selfish or Selfless?

Post by MonjaElisa Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:31 pm

Lets post a thread to see how people around us are like... nobody can judge people by who they are, its simply what they are and feel like... its meritable to be honest, its easy to lie... but in this thread I hope to see peoples true colors...

setting fire:
Its an extreme fire, a true inferno... you run across the room and see one of your friends or your lover there stuck under a pole.... he(she) cant budge... you hear the raddling noises of the roof as it is about to crumble... you'd probably be able to make it out of here without him(her).. or you could let him out of under the pole and only one of you would be able to get out of there... if any.. do you

A) Run over there to save your friend, if you both make it out of the fire, that's okay... if not, you'll be happy that he lives because he is your friend or lover and precious confidant.

or

B) run the heck out of there, saying you're sorry trying to get out of there, ofcourse you would run.. you are terrified and far to young to die.. you'd pray for him.. he(she) would definately understand.......

Selfish or selfless, which trait fits you the more?
MonjaElisa
MonjaElisa
Full Moderator M
Full Moderator M

Back to top Go down

Selfish or Selfless? Empty Re: Selfish or Selfless?

Post by starscream Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:30 am

To be honest, I would never run away. I'd be confused & trapped in continuous thoughts even if there's nothing to think about.
So...
65% chance - Too late & both dead.
35% - Snapped out of it & able to save him/her.
starscream
starscream
LEVEL 1
LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by gwidhw Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:18 am

Obviously, I'd take the chance of saving someone any day over just leaving. If neither of us survived, or if only they survived, I would be content with the outcome knowing that I made the right choice by me. There's no question I'd risk saving them, even if I didn't know them.
gwidhw
gwidhw
Full Moderator
Full Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing Crystal ~dD Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:56 am

i want to be selfish and choose B.. :/
but no, if such a situation actually comes then i will automatically choose A and try to save him/her.. coz thats just how i am ._.
and yeah.... one thing is for sure... if i choose A... then we both will come out alive!!
>> and yeah if that person was a stranger then i would have prefered to be on safe side ie. try to save him, but if cant without taking life-risk then will choose B... but if he is a close frnd, family or loved one... then i would do anything to save him!
Laughing Crystal ~dD
Laughing Crystal ~dD
LEVEL 5
LEVEL 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyera Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:29 am

Laughing Crystal ~dD wrote:i want to be selfish and choose B.. :/
but no, if such a situation actually comes then i will automatically choose A and try to save him/her.. coz thats just how i am ._.
and yeah.... one thing is for sure... if i choose A... then we both will come out alive!!
>> and yeah if that person was a stranger then i would have prefered to be on safe side ie. try to save him, but if cant without taking life-risk then will choose B... but if he is a close frnd, family or loved one... then i would do anything to save him!

Selfish or Selfless? Binocular
Hyera
Hyera
BG MASCOT
BG MASCOT

http://hyerahizyb.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan_mikuza Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:34 am

Option A
if I was in that situation and I didn't at least try to save him or her I would regret it
though to be more realistic I would probably stand there frozen in shock not knowing what to do..
Selfish or Selfless? Takumim-misaki-ayuzawa-34674060-500-281
(._.)
jordan_mikuza
jordan_mikuza
Full Moderator J
Full Moderator J

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:36 pm

These kinda kill or be killed scenarios whilst plentiful in movies rarely happen in real life so perfectly,

But in all regards I would choose saving the person at the expense of myself, why not because I feel it a sense of justice.

Nor because I would be a hero, simply this in the grand scheme of things I am but a mere single person no matter what my attributes may be no matter how much I could do if surviving,

This is most definitely true in a save myself or multiple people besides one scenario,

But I have a question though,

Lets keep this kind of scenario kill or be killed scenario yet lets add something to it.

The world is on the brink of social chaos and you set as the leader of it all,

You have two choices
A. You intentionally direct all the hate towards you and have yourself killed by the people around you thus ending the chaos.

B. You run away from the doomed world with all the resources you have and live peacefully yourself.

Answer?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:48 am

I'd say it depends on who exactly it is,and how confident I am in my ability to save them.
Family, or best friends. Go in and do whatever it takes. Otherwise, I'd probably just give it a shot at first, but give it up of the chances of getting out alive are too slim.

Colress wrote:
You have two choices
A. You intentionally direct all the hate towards you and have yourself killed by the people around you thus ending the chaos.

B. You run away from the doomed world with all the resources you have and live peacefully yourself.

Answer?

Could you go into more detail? Not sure I understand what the implications are with this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:39 pm

on the first one: going with A. Same thing; it would eat on my consiounce for the rest of my life. Knowing I let someone die. I wouldn't be able to live with myself and probably for the first time in my life; turn suicidal.
Colress wrote:
You have two choices

B. You run away from the doomed world with all the resources you have and live peacefully
 This is actually more interesting to me. On a side note makes me think of Spock (See Star Trek 2)

I'd likely do B. Mostly since if this is indeed on a world scale then my sacrificing myself would likely solve nothing in the end. All it would do is cause more strife. Some people would realize my sacrifice and try to get the world to realize what I did to save them all. it'd cause fighting. And that's the more unrealistic option of my attempt to stop the chaos. Most people just likely wouldn't give a shit.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:21 pm

Ahh yes, the choices were never meant to be realistic though, just a what if scenario, putting hate on yourself in reality would not solve the social chaos by any means,

However to specify things here lets say that the world is at war due to this very chaos, and you are the current leader of the world, in a purely ideal setting you can put everyones hate on you and make yourself a enemy of the world in the end letting yourself be killed to end the war.

Or you can run away from it all take no part in it and flee from the ongoing chaos as the leader of the current world you have a plentiful amount of resources and thereby are allowed such a option if you really desire it.

Unlike in the first set of options for the other scenario you are not doing something that will deem you heroic in the eyes of others. In fact nobody will see you in the light if you pick option A, everybody will remember you as a enemy a terrible person. The only person that will know it is yourself, thus its a sacrifice without any reward whatsoever from others.

Whereas option B allows you to escape and forget about the crumbling world and live a isolated life in peace,

Back to top Go down

Post by gwidhw Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:09 am

Colress wrote:..

Sounds good right about now :l
..but, context/specifiers are huge, so, I wouldn't decide unless I was actually in that situation.

No offense to the post; just my odd view.
Let's see what others say~
gwidhw
gwidhw
Full Moderator
Full Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum