TECHNOLOGY TALK TOTALLY ROCKS~!

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TECHNOLOGY TALK TOTALLY ROCKS~! - Page 2 Empty Re: TECHNOLOGY TALK TOTALLY ROCKS~!

Post by Hyera Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:32 pm

gwidhw wrote:Anyone want to buy me one of these??
It's only a lot of money that I can't afford~? Razz

INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN PAGE

One of these would be awesome for going to/from places, and around town. Much faster than a leg-powered skateboard xF

:O Whoaaaaaaa!!!♥️!!!
Hyera
Hyera
BG MASCOT
BG MASCOT

http://hyerahizyb.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

TECHNOLOGY TALK TOTALLY ROCKS~! - Page 2 Empty Re: TECHNOLOGY TALK TOTALLY ROCKS~!

Post by gwidhw Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:14 am

Hyera wrote:

:O  Whoaaaaaaa!!!♥️!!!

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?! Very Happy
gwidhw
gwidhw
Full Moderator
Full Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:28 am

I'm one of those who can only support technology "that" much. It's not like I distrust robotos or anything, I just feel like we're becoming to reliant on them, and I don't consider this to be progress...

Call it Wall-E syndrome.

Anyone's hype for VR? Cause I sure am not.

Back to top Go down

Post by gwidhw Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:44 pm

@Key: I'm hyped for VR because I'm really curious where they're going to take it, and whether it's going to remain mainstream tech or not.

As for the over reliance on robots and computers, I do completely agree, but I believe that there is a natural settling point, where people will realize that enough is enough. Otherwise, if they don't, well... oh well xD Worst case scenario we have a sentient race of computer beings that are above us on the "chain". Which wouldn't be such a bad thing in one or two senses; humans need their egos deflated xD

If we get full-on Skynet, well... that's a whole new can of worms :l
The issues only arise when human error mingles with ego and pushes the boundary too far. The result is mankind's own doing.
gwidhw
gwidhw
Full Moderator
Full Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:49 pm

Alas, I may have taken my sweet time getting here, but lets begin.

Firstly I was kinda suspicious of that emospark from the beginning hence why I avoided it. Much like the emopulse funny thing same first three letters. It aimed to be a whole new kind of smartwatch advertising all kinds of crazy innovations.

But as far as that particular AI goes its impressive but not comparable to even peppers onboard AI cloud service. Which will be a communications butler robot.

Personally I would much rather stick to less consumer used AI right now since its a area that has not really grown far enough yet in my opinion. Even for kickstarters>_>

I am impressed with QuAILs findings on AI though for the most part utilizing quantum computing, whereas japan is working on a fully functional AI as well.

Also take a page from oculus kickstarter rage from the backers when funding something such as that.

When they got bought out by facebook,

______________________________-____---__

As far as vr is concerned its pretty much shown to be the next big thing in terms of profit, being mainstream is to be expected with so many companies now joining the crusade to get their little profit.

As for the actual quality of virtual reality, I think most got a bad impression from the original oculus rift which was downright horrible in its screen issues.  DK2 fixed this somewhat, but the consumer version overall should completely remove it if what they say is true.

Steam Vr is rather interesting as well since instead of going for just the display itself its tackling the hurdle of movement within vr and refuting the point that it should be a seated device.

On the higher end of the spectrum more for people willing to shell out big was a recently announced star vr which has a whopping 210 degree field of view along with a 5120x 1440 resolution. That pretty much eliminates that binocular effect for the most part.  Making it feel much more immersive,

But besides headsets there are other areas being worked on as well such as sensory companies trying to replicate certain sensory input to a degree.

Virtual reality has definitely come along way and I think will remain, "partially due to augmented reality"

As for what some people are wanting such as they don't want to mess with vr unless they can get holodeck or nervegear simulations. Im afraid they will have to keep wishing. Especially for the first one, since it goes against quite a few established laws that simply will not budge.

As for nerve gear it has more along the lines of health issues and risk. In reality connecting your nerves like that up could easily cause multiple problems. Its just simply unrealistic to even consider this kind of virtual reality until we have the ability to measure reactions in us on a individual level almost instantly, which is already a wall, despite some insistence from others.

Now moving forward to the last point, As far as machines are concerned key you hit a valid point, but don't let it swell into the belief of a robotic apocalypse that is unlikely.

That movie wall E is pretty accurate actually to me in a metaphorical sense, the main problems that would arise from full commercialization and normal usage of robots  much more then now. Are silent killers, not via the machines themselves either.  Firstly we very well might face a severe job crisis and a much more widened gap in terms of the upper and lower class. The problem is that if we start getting more and more human machines which is where we are headed the more easily it will be to replace someone for x amount of money rather then pay that person x amount of money each month along with the other issues they may bring to the job.  Also in slight connection if the whole driverless cars thing takes off fully as expected it will put out millions of jobs for drivers.  

With that said though unless we can make new jobs that cater to all these jobless people after that we will be in trouble.

I will go in depth on this if needed in regards to the other issues.

Also gwid I agree with you on that people may be able to know when to stop progressing it to a certain point. However that could go quite a few ways, theres no guarantee that people would stop even if they knew to do so.

We are quite geared towards progression as this century continues,

Humans needing their egos deflated I could agree with you fully, but I think the likely one to do that is ourselves given time,

Skynet likelihood is very low, even if we are working on robots right now in the united states primed for combat procedures and have drones that are capable of carrying heavy payloads and using them almost completely unmanned.

You are definitely right on that one point though it will be mankinds doing if anything were to happen,

But AI simply wont do that, contrary to the mass hysteria that robotic apocalypse movies have you think. AI does not work like that at all,
If anything is to happen a merging of us with them via artificial parts and augmentation is likely to happen.
Not that deus ex stuff either>_> I liked that game but its quite a bit over the top with the way it presents augmentation as a bad thing. Albeit it does give a beginners guide into the ethical issues of it.

If elaboration is needed just ping me or something..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:41 am

It's not so much the techy, quality-wise side of VR that I loathe, ... but rather the VR itself. I'm just not a fan of the theory behind it. Call me old fashioned, but I much prefer having the screen far away instead of having on my face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:13 pm

I'm the same way. I do want to TRY Vr though.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gwidhw Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:09 am

Colress wrote:Alas, I may have taken my sweet time getting here, but lets begin.

Firstly I was kinda suspicious of that emospark from the beginning hence why I avoided it. Much like the emopulse funny thing same first three letters. It aimed to be a whole new kind of smartwatch advertising all kinds of crazy innovations.

But as far as that particular AI goes its impressive but not comparable to even peppers onboard AI cloud service. Which will be a communications butler robot.

Personally I would much rather stick to less consumer used AI right now since its a area that has not really grown far enough yet in my opinion. Even for kickstarters>_>

I am impressed with QuAILs findings on AI though for the most part utilizing quantum computing, whereas japan is working on a fully functional AI as well.

Well, I'm getting my Emospark in the mail ~tomorrow night at the latest, and I'm going to be doing a full-on unboxing/review of it when it arrives/I'm able to. Which will probably be the following day, since I've got work tomorrow night... regardless, I believe the whole campaign was just a joke. The company, as much as I do believe they are trying to get this thing out there, is just awful for a startup. A few people are impressed with what they have received thus far, but neither do I know who exactly those people are, nor do I know what backgrounds/exposure they have had to AI up to this point. They could all be 90+ year olds with a first dip into tech, for all I know...

Regardless, I'll keep you guys posted~

As for the VR, if your'e really on the fence about whether you'd enjoy it or not, throw down a couple bucks and pick up a Google Cardboard, if your phone can use it, hardy har har~! (Pirate laughs are boss, now~)

It's a fun experience, and is pretty amazing when you actually use it; though, caution, it can cause motion sickness.
gwidhw
gwidhw
Full Moderator
Full Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by gwidhw Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:42 am

My initial reviews of the Emospark, for anyone interested~

gwidhw
gwidhw
Full Moderator
Full Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2