Pokemon counters Digimon!!

3 posters

Go down

POKEMON OR DIGIMON?

DIGIMON

POKEMON

Its a tie....

View results

Pokemon counters Digimon!!  Empty Pokemon counters Digimon!!

Post by MonjaElisa Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:03 pm

Two very much similar but different series at the same time...
people claim one is a knockoff the other.. but in theory, which of the two would be the most well liked?
Lets have a discussion as to which anime is he better out of pokemon and digimon, we grew up with both... but which did we really like the best back then, aswell as today?

personally, I always prefered Digimon! I mean, I love pokemon to death... thank goodness for that anime... however, I still really liked the fact that they let the characters in digimon grow up, and that they face very much dramatic situations head on several times in the actual animes rather than the story being about earning badges... what do you guys think? <3
MonjaElisa
MonjaElisa
Full Moderator M
Full Moderator M

Back to top Go down

Pokemon counters Digimon!!  Empty Re: Pokemon counters Digimon!!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:36 pm

I can only say that I am partial to each one of the series.

However for all the similarities they have there are differences to be had,

I do adore pokemon it has a lot going for it a much bigger world then digimon far more creatures. The environment is rather interesting and so is the story at times even if a bit predictable.

At the same time it lacks the character growth that digimon exhibits from being a smaller more contained world afterall, were not focusing on a entire world here just a digital smaller one with less creatures. Which allows it to focus more on the characters. Far better character growth then ash if you would say and the rest.

The actual story is constant in digimon since growth is important but so is the random banter that allows their characters to grow.

In pokemon the story is more open far more side tracks and whatnot rather then focusing clearly on something. It just happens, this is especially the case in the latter generations and the first one somewhat.

I can go on if necessary but these shows although they do merit having people controlling creatures and garnering friendships with them they vary quite differently with a lot of other things.

I personally do love pokemon more but from a neutral viewpoint if you compare the similarities digimon is able to exhibit the same amount of quality to that of pokemon,

If we add in the games and whatnot though pokemon wins. If we go by separate seasons such as comparing the generations digimon can win it all just depends on the journey.
That's my opinion.
Insert that cheesy song now would you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:38 pm

I have never played Digimon. I never watched Digimon.
I always was a pokemon fan but when Gen 3 came out and onward I have been disapointed time after time.

I've frankly almost given up Pokemon for other JRPGs since most others actually have a plot that interests me.

So to me; both are the same now.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gwidhw Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:56 pm

I grew up with Pokemon, so it's something I'll always have a liking for. As for Digimon, I remember when it came out and being excited, and then freaking out about the movie release, and going to theatres to see it. Now, though... I honestly don't remember much about it, aside from the general idea.

Pokemon is the winner for me, just because of the feels it brings Smile
..Although the Digimon concept was amazing, and I prefer the feel of them each having their own individual buddy, as well as the importance of their relationship... from what I do remember of Digimon, it felt big in comparison to Pokemon..

I don't know what to think.. :l
*searches for Digimon episodes*
gwidhw
gwidhw
Full Moderator
Full Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:13 pm

Now you have entered in on predicament that has laid unawake in me for many years as i hd the fortune to watch both, and for both i had great interest in, they both gave off a different vibe in that there was a difference to me between both, however i do respect both for what they are, however as both have [much like in the shows] evolved they have changed and so my views are now scattered all over the place, but from what i remember while in the routine of actively watching both, they were as equally good to me as there was a guarantee of the sun setting and the moon rising.

~n~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down