So.....how about these terrorist attacks going on in the world?

2 posters

Go down

So.....how about these terrorist attacks going on in the world? Empty So.....how about these terrorist attacks going on in the world?

Post by Tashina-Karamomo Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:17 am

Personally, I'm usually not the one to go typing in the serious stuff thread unless I want to help someone with using my viewpoint...which I haven't yet. So this will be the first time typing something that isn't super cheery and adorable.

So much has been happening in the world lately, so much in the past day or two. And even when I see this terrifying stuff on the news or hear about it from one of my friends irl, my high level of optimism usually blocks it out and calms me down.

But what I can say right now is that I'm scared.

Scared of what could happen. Especially since I live in Virginia, a predominately military state with the largest naval base on the east coast. And Washington DC isn't that far from me. Just a couple hours a way in fact. And I literally live up the street from an army base too.

Just stating all the things around me make me paranoid that something could and would happen. But I feel like if I chat with you all about this, I won't feel that way.

So, I know this stuffs been on the news everywhere, so let's chat.
Tashina-Karamomo
Tashina-Karamomo
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

So.....how about these terrorist attacks going on in the world? Empty Re: So.....how about these terrorist attacks going on in the world?

Post by Bryan Dacote Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:45 am

I dunno if my viewpoint on this topic will be much on this but.... I just don't feel scared or paranoid about terrorist attacks anymore. I used to back around the time of 9/11 when I was just 10 years old. I remember being super paranoid and scared to go on the commuter rail to Boston to see some Scooby-Doo play that my mom was taking me to on my 11th or 12th birthday.

But I felt nothing to the Paris attack, heck I didn't feel much for the Marathon Bombing just over 2 years ago. And I have an uncle (actually he lives near DC now) and cousin whom have taken part in the Boston Marathon in the past. I was more worried that the Anime Boston convention was going to be cancelled that year since the con was a month after the bombing and that it literally took place on the same street. (maybe half way down the street)

Maybe I'm just numb to the idea of people dying since there has been so much personal death in my life since I got out of high school.

I honestly feel bad because I don't feel anything for these horrible events anymore. I don't feel sympathy, empathy or even anger for them anymore. If I do feel paranoia its not to more potential terrorist attacks but how many more years of pointless war those greedy politicians will get out using the horrible events as an excuse for war.

I admit I am one of those people who thinks there is a conspiracy behind the 9/11 attacks because its so similar to an old plan by the CIA during the 60's that was called "Operation Northwoods". I think the Marathon Bombing was indeed a successful small-scale terrorist attack which thankfully didn't take out too many lives.
I don't know any details about the recent Paris attack mostly since my friends were over during the attack so we weren't paying any attention to the news.

This past 4th of July I just happened to look up how many years the USA has had peace. 21 years. Thats IT out of over 240 years. Seeing that disgusted me and made me wonder on how much will the pointless bloodshed continue.
I just want the pointless killing to stop.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down

So.....how about these terrorist attacks going on in the world? Empty Re: So.....how about these terrorist attacks going on in the world?

Post by Bryan Dacote Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:13 pm

Tashina, here's something for your fear.

Don't be afraid. Don't spread the hate they want you to feel. But if you're still going to be scared then thats fine because its a perfectly normal human emotion. People can do great things when they are scared. But I also like to believe what my favorite President - Franklin D. Roosevelt once said; "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tashina-Karamomo Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:13 am

I guess you have a good point Senpai~ :3
Tashina-Karamomo
Tashina-Karamomo
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:29 am

Anything to help my kohai. Isn't that what Senpai's are for? lol
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down