A characters viewpoint

Go down

A characters viewpoint  Empty A characters viewpoint

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:19 pm

A simple question do you prefer either media outlets videogames, anime, or anything else that lets  you observe more then make the character yourself.
A story where you may interact and form your own thoughts to that character but regardless are set in stone at the end of the day unless made intentionally up for interpretation.
Or having a character that you can fully customize and create as your own having more choice in what happens through the narrative and traits that character has.

Thoughts are appreciated
No poll and no wrong answer a simple survey

Thank you>

Back to top Go down

A characters viewpoint  Empty Re: A characters viewpoint

Post by Bryan Dacote Sat May 02, 2015 4:06 pm

I always prefered characters who were already made and had their own character and watching them go through a story or adventure.

I do like silent protagonists like Link and Doom Guy though because even though is a "pre-made character" with only a little hinted at their personality because it leaves room for the player's interpretation to be added on.

I've never been a big fan of custom made characters in games. Mostly since I feel the character really is very stale and the only story to them is in our head and not being projected into a wonderous experience.

For example: I have a solid background story for my main character on Star Trek Online. Even write back stories for several of my officers. But is their story implemented into the plot of the game? No. I did feel sorta special when one mission did involve the destruction of Romulus - the day in which my character was born. But that fact didn't have any take into the story.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 02, 2015 4:20 pm

It takes a lot of imagination to enjoy the second.
Depending on the game, anime... etc I'd say I prefer premade stories.

Any form of media is such a personal endeavor that they're able to communicate a lot about the people who made it, besides the main story. I always found that aspect fascinating.

I feel like silent protagonist or fully customisable, lose a bit of that edge, but when done properly, like in Link's case, it is just as good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down