Games you'd reccommend!

Go down

Games you'd reccommend! Empty Games you'd reccommend!

Post by Bryan Dacote Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:30 pm

Okay we've all played some games and not others. Some being popular, some being hidden gems.
I've played some not so well known games and some really popular ones.

So to open up I'm gonna leave my first video game reccomendation being Battlezone 1998 for the PC. There is also an N64 version of it but its no where near as good. It does have another campaign thats exclusive to the N64 version.
Games you'd reccommend! Battlezonecover
Games you'd reccommend! Battlezone_-_Rise_of_the_Black_Dogs_Coverart
The game is set during a fictional version of the late 1960's/early 1970's where the space race has advanced to a full blown secret war between the United States of America and the Soviet Union. Both sides fighting for the precious and powerful material known as "bio-metal" which allows both sides to create highly advanced and powerful machines.
The game is a beautiful mix of First Person Shooter and Real Time Stragedy. The story is well written and has great voice acting. The game is challenging but not impossible.

The game was made by Activision as a form of reimaging of the arcade classic Battlezone. However at some point Activision dropped the rights on the game and no one has ever bothered to buy them again leaving fans to do what they wish.
For years there was a site called Battlezone1.com that with the help of one of the leader programers of the original game has made multiple patches to the game so it can still be playable to this day and even without the CD being needed to play.

This game won various awards back in the day but was heavily overshadowed by other award winning games at the time such as Ocarina of Time, FF7, Goldeneye, Banjo-Tooie, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and others. Its a shame this game didn't get much popularity since it could have changed the face of FPS games for years.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down