Game recommendations

4 posters

Go down

Game recommendations Empty Game recommendations

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2015 7:22 am

Summer is near, and will all have our schedules made a bit lighter for a few months (...Well, at least most of us).

For those of you looking for something to do or want to give ideas to other, post a game that you recommend, any at all, and explain why.

Let me give you an example.

Fire Emblem - Awakening

Game recommendations PS_3DS_FireEmblemAwakening_enGB

It's the best game of the series.
It revived the Fire Emblem series as whole single handedly.
One of the the best games on the 3DS.
One of the best strategy games ever made.
It has Tharja and Noire in it Razz
An amazing soundtrack.

And finally, it's the best thing to play while waiting for FExSMT and Fire Emblem if.

Back to top Go down

Game recommendations Empty Re: Game recommendations

Post by Artist_Reborn Fri May 01, 2015 2:34 pm

@key ~ was this the First game of the series that you have played?

And also how so would you say that it revived it?
are we talking Story? Game Mechanics?

I liked the Story
aS for the game mechanics, you can thank the 4th game for laying the ground work for it. The children, skills, a early stage of the pairing system,
Path of Radiance fleshed out the Skills system later

I adore Fire Emblem, its one of the game series that have had a impact on my life

*edit* by revived, did you mean that it was bbrought to the mainstream?
Cause to me Awakening did bring the "Animu" to it
Artist_Reborn
Artist_Reborn
LEVEL 3
LEVEL 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Artist_Reborn Fri May 01, 2015 3:58 pm

Ehhh my bad, I think i might of derailed this thread a bit
Artist_Reborn
Artist_Reborn
LEVEL 3
LEVEL 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2015 4:39 pm

Artist_Reborn wrote:@key ~ was this the First game of the series that you have played?

And also how so would you say that it revived it?
are we talking Story? Game Mechanics?

I liked the Story
aS for the game mechanics, you can thank the 4th game for laying the ground work for it. The children, skills, a early stage of the pairing system,
Path of Radiance fleshed out the Skills system later

I adore Fire Emblem, its one of the game series that have had a impact on my life

*edit* by revived, did you mean that it was bbrought to the mainstream?
Cause to me Awakening did bring the "Animu" to it

It wasn't. My first Fire Emblem was Sacred Stones on the GBA, then I played Fire Emblem, Shadow Dragon and right now I'm playing a fan translation of Fuuin no Tsurugi (Roy).

As for how it revived the series, I can just say that there's reason this game gets praised so much. It's been polished to the extreme. Everything in the game has been revamped to appeal to as many people as possible, and the results show.

As I said, the soundtrack is GRANDIOSE. They gave an extra difficulty mode to appeal to more casual gamers. To story is great (but imo, that can be said of all FE instalments). The gameplay is just as fun as ever, and the skills, weapons and amounts of customisations available is INSANE! And look at all that super cool DLC! Even without it, just Street Pass gives you a bunch of stuff to do!

The characters designs in Awakening are AMAZING! Every single one of them seems believable and likeable. They brought back the Avatar (aka Robin), which I loved from Fire Emblem on the GBA. And of course the Waifu system is just OH MY GAAAD IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD!!!

... In a few words, there isn't a single person who's played multiple Fire Emblems and won't admit to it. Awakening is the Best in the series.

Crazy thing is, I have in good faith that if might be able to top even that. Only trailers so far, but I haven't been THIS hyped for a game before it came along.

Back to top Go down

Post by Artist_Reborn Fri May 01, 2015 5:09 pm

Yes i agree with you on all points ^^

My bad if i came off as nitpicking haha
and yes this game has been polished well, improving on what some of the other games did before
the DLCs were such a great thing to add
the time travel thing was weird to me lol
but thats no biggie

Oh god the waifus lol
who did you pick?
Artist_Reborn
Artist_Reborn
LEVEL 3
LEVEL 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Artist_Reborn Fri May 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Btw the one thing I'm glad that they did not add to awakening was THE GODAMN STAMINA MECHANIC FROM THARACIA 776, that shit gave me a hard time
Artist_Reborn
Artist_Reborn
LEVEL 3
LEVEL 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Artist_Reborn Fri May 01, 2015 5:25 pm

While Fire Emblem Awakening isn't my favorite of the series,  I am forever grateful For what it did, Fire Emblem was dying, and Awakening was its last chance. The game gave the franchise life again. I agree Key that people should play Awakening, but they should also play the entire series (whether it be through legit, or emulators).

This entire franchise is amazing, and has had a major influence on my story "The Hero Saga"
The music was great, but so were the others as well ^^

Anyways "PLAY THIS GAME!" XD
Artist_Reborn
Artist_Reborn
LEVEL 3
LEVEL 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2015 6:14 pm

Hey, I'm not deterring anyone from playing the others. As I said, I'm playing Shining Blades, and I'm having a blast.

I think my pairing for the first playthrought were

Knife (My Avatar) - Chrom
Lissa - Libra
Sully - Stahl
Maribelle - Donnel
Panne - Ricken
Sumia - Kellam
Miriel - Vaike
Cordelia - Frederick
Nowi - Gregor
Tharja - Gaius
Olivia - Lonqu'
Virion - Cherche

Kjelle - Inigo
Severa - Gerome
Lucina - Owain
Noire - Brady
Cynthia - Morgan
Nah - Yarne

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote Sat May 02, 2015 4:32 pm

Game recommendations Rage_cover

I've played my fair share of FPS in my day. All the way back to Doom 1 for PC back in the mid 90's, to Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for the N64. I played a couple CoD and Halo. Tried TF2 a couple times. But I've always liked the older shooters. Mostly for one thing: having your whole arsanel at your fingertips. None of this "hope to hell your favorite gun is on the ground and enough ammo is for it". I disliked that about today's shooters.
RAGE was a welcome step back to the old days but with today's mechanics. It has a decent open-world. A good amount to do. As you go through the game you get your arsenal so by the end game you are a one man army. There's also racing mechanic too. Customization for your guns and vechiles. I think the 2 reasons this game got a bad start a few years ago was these:
1. the PC launch had a lot of glitches. Which is very odd for ID games. But Bethesda wanted to have ID software change focus from PC shooters to Console shooters since they get more bang for their buck (pun intended)
2. Being compared to Fallout 3 and New Vegas. This game's setting is similar to Fallout but these are two very different shooters. Fallout is more focused on its RPG element (which the series was based around)
I think if people tried to play RAGE for what it is: NOT a CoD or Fallout knock off then they might enjoy it.
Bryan Dacote
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gwidhw Tue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm

Game recommendations Latest?cb=20121201160648

For the story, animation (beautiful worlds), amazing DLC, and for something different, if you're not into the Bioshock series, or didn't enjoy the first or second. Also, the musical scores are great, and the depth of the worlds (across Bioshock games) are expansive and packed with background info and stories.

I'm biased, I love Bioshock like no other series p.p
gwidhw
gwidhw
Full Moderator
Full Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by boundbyluck Wed May 06, 2015 12:59 am

Bioshock is awesome but if I am recommending games I feel have a good replay feel to it. fallout 3, fallout: new vegas, mass effect 2, mass effect 3 (the first one might feel slow to a lot of more modern gamers even if the game isn't old), zone of the enders both first and second, dragon age: inquisition, the witcher 2, I will not recommend 3 until I play it later this month. And the gta series is also good.

Fps game id recommend would depend on the individual, you have battlefield (star wars versions too one comming out later this year), titanfall if you enjoy robots and guns that make anybody get a kill (guns that aim for themselves), team fortress 2 if you like cartoony fps battles, and the list goes all the way down to wolfenstein in case you like killing future nazies.
boundbyluck
boundbyluck
LEVEL 13
LEVEL 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Artist_Reborn Wed May 06, 2015 3:49 am

Game recommendations OU3F1nJ

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
Platform: PC
Genre: First-person shooter, survival horror

Oh boy, where do I start with this game.
If you are a fan of the Post Apocalyptic Genre, then you'll Love it, if your a casual player, you may like it
This a game that changed my life, and I still play it time to time. There are good things and bad things about this game

Good:
Atmosphere
Story
Lore
Music
Surviving Mechanics [eating, radiation, bleeding]
Artifact System
Factions
AI [this goes for some bad]
Difficulty settings

Bad:

AI
Bugs
Glitches

The bad does get in the way of the game at times
so thanks to the Modding community, download the
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Complete Mod

Game recommendations 4jKD8B7

This Mod is a Godsend and I say its a must
this Mod adds:

Enhanced Graphics
Upgraded Textures
Better A.I
Special Effects
Enhanced Sounds
Motion Blur
Depth of Field
SSAO [?]
Parallax Mapping [?]
BUG ELIMINATION

I am being Biased due to my love of the Post Apocalyptic Genre but this is a great game, if you can, play it with the COMPLETE Mod.

also if you do decide to buy it, beware of the Steam Version [some people have trouble with the Steam Version of their game, not all, but some. so fair warning here]
Artist_Reborn
Artist_Reborn
LEVEL 3
LEVEL 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down