Last one to post here wins!

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Last one to post here wins!

Post by Bryan Dacote on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:43 pm

I like them, I still prefer the original show and movies. TBH I feel the relationship between Spock and Uhura is just out of place and neither actor nails the original character very well. Uhura just comes off as a bitch. Spock is WAY TOO EMOTIONAL. Technically the new Chekov (RIP) wasn't accurate either but I felt he did well. Kirk I thought was believable since they are trying to portray a younger Kirk. Sulu is a bit too cold but it fits him. Scotty and McCoy... they NAIL IT even though they are more used for comic relief. I think DeForest and Doohan would be proud of them though. I heard that the late Nimoy cried when he saw the performance of Karl Urban of McCoy because it reminded him so well of DeForest's original portrayal of the character.

I haven't heard any positive or negative reviews for Beyond mostly since I don't care. When I can see the movie I will whether its bad or good because I'm a fan of the series.

I am disappointed to hear that the new Star Trek show; Discovery is delayed till May of next year instead of January or Febuary as originally planned. I don't remember if it was taking place before or after the original series. At first I heard after (so around the era of the first 6 movies) but I think I heard of it taking place before the original; so between Enterprise and TOS.

Regardless it seems like a good time to be a Star Trek fan. I'm hoping we get some new fans.

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels…upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" ~ Mario Savio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_C3yoxTSEk
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:07 am

Yeah, I concur. I cringed when I saw the Spock/Uhura relationship sections. Chris Pine does a pretty good job in portraying a younger Kirk, I feel. I loved the Leonard Nimoy cameo in Star Trek (2009),

I think it was a great touch. I'll see if I can watch Discovery. It will maybe expose even more younger people to Star Trek, yeah
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:36 am

I heard that there was planned to be a relationship between them originally but they dropped the idea. The reboots show it was an interesting idea on paper but it doesn't work.

I heard its mostly going to be on CBS's streaming service that is similar to Netflix or Hulu. I heard its pretty bad though.

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels…upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" ~ Mario Savio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_C3yoxTSEk
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:15 am

That's interesting. No, it doesn't work at all. the film would have been better for it if they left that out.

It would probably not be available over here then. A lot of the streaming services are region specific and doesn't show up here.
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum