The 2016 US Presidential Election

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The 2016 US Presidential Election

Post by Bryan Dacote on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:12 pm

I ain't no expert on politics, but I have been growing interest in the field - specifically with the US Presidential Election set for next year. Obama's presidenacy will be ending this year so I think this next election will be very important.
Why am I thinking about it now and not in another 6 months?
I want to know who is running and who has got what to the table.
(and yes; I know we don't have the most American residents on this site)

I haven't looked at too many of the canidates.
Only 3 tbh. 2 Democrates and one Republican.

Donald Trump (Republican) I'm hearing A LOT of shit about him. Something about forcing immigrants to leave the country or put em in concentration camps like Hitler before him.
Yeah; no. He's not getting my personal vote.

Hillary Clinton (Democrate) - I haven't heard too much on her since she ran about 7 to 8 years ago (the election that got Obama elected) I remember she was highly supported by people mostly due to her past experience in the White House and in politics back when her husband was in office during the 90's. Her husband was a great president despite the fact he was sleeping around like a male whore. Some say Hilary did most of the work as President during Bill's time in office than he did. So maybe she deserves the job? I dunno. I haven't looked too much into what she's offering NOW.

Bernie Sanders (Democrate) (Senator of Vermont) this guy caught my attention pretty quickly and if you are friends with me on FB then you'll already know this guy is likely already gonna get my vote. He seems to NOT have his head all the way up his ass unlike most other politicians. I'm not too worried about Trump getting into the Oval office (especially with the latest stunt of litterally acting liek Hitler) but I am concerned about him getting past Hilary. I'm not feeling much confidence with her despite her past experience. This guy seems to know what he wants to do and that is fix all the crap that the higher ups have put on the middleclass. I am worried that this all too good to be true but I'd rather take this guy.

AM I the only one who is looking at the election? Most of my irl friends don't give a shit. Maybe a couple of you are paying attention to it? Maybe not.

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels…upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" ~ Mario Savio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_C3yoxTSEk
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2016 US Presidential Election

Post by gwidhw on Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:37 pm

Living in Canada, I don't really keep up with US politics at all, but I have heard some negative things about Donald Trump, for sure. I mostly wouldn't want him to win, although I won't be surprised if he does (*cough*rigged*cough*), because of his large business ties, capitalist interests, and well, his arrogance. He's a very self-absorbed man, as far as my own personal exposure to his character via the internet and TV have led me to believe, and what the US needs is someone representative of the people, who doesn't see himself as greater than the masses.

I can't give you a "I would vote for", obviously, but I can say with certainty that he shouldn't be the #1 choice for the majority of US citizens.
gwidhw
Full Moderator
Full Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote on Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:03 pm

Yeah I think if Trump becomes president I'm moving in with you G XD

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels…upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" ~ Mario Savio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_C3yoxTSEk
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum