Wisdom....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wisdom....

Post by Tumoshimo on Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:03 pm

The practice of all traditional martial arts authentic
begins by respect for themselves and others.
~ Georges Charles

Be a gentleman who knows when not to be gentle.

There is a new, politically correct image of the modern gentleman that likes to portray the true gentleman as never being aggressive or physical, never raising his voice, and for sure never being violent. This is not a gentleman warrior; this is simply a well-mannered wimp.

Real men understand both how to be a refined gentleman and that there are some times when the gentleman needs to know when not to be so gentle. There are times when a man needs to fight to protect what he loves. A man who want stand up and fight to protect those he loves, is not a real man in my book.

Confucius talked about two kinds of men: the superior man and the inferior man. The gentleman warrior is a superior man. He is both as refined as any gentleman you will find, but at the same time, he is also a dangerous warrior, but only if the situation forces him to be. Be a gentleman who knows how to be gentle, and when not to be gentle.
~ Bohdi Sanders author of the best-seller, Modern Bushido: Living a Life of Excellence

The essence of the training martial
resides in our daily behavior.
~ Jhon Stevens

I NEVER LOSE! Either I WIN or I LEARN.

If you have the right attitude, there is no such thing as truly losing. Defeat, or losing, is only possible when you give up and quit. Defeat is a state of mind, not a reality. You, and only you, determine whether you lose or whether you had a temporary set back from which you learned more and became stronger.

I never lose. Either I win or I learn. How can I possibly make a statement like, "I never lose?" The answer is because I won't throw in the towel; I keep coming back. If you beat me one time, you have just won one battle. You can bet your house that I haven't hung my head, gone to bed, and cried myself to sleep. I will be back, and stronger than before. Sooner or later, I will win; until that time, I will learn and become stronger. Never let life or your enemies grind you down.

Never allow a defeatist mentality creep into your mind. Develop the mentality that you never lose; you either win or learn and come back stronger than ever. Face life, and your enemies, with the eye of the tiger. When a tiger misses his prey, it doesn't go back to its den and give up; it simply regroups, learns its lesson, and go out again and again, until it succeeds in its goal. Be as relentless as the tiger. Never give in and never give up!
~ Bohdi Sanders author of the best-seller, Modern Bushido: Living a Life of Excellence

Never be afraid of another challenger,
as impressive.
Never do not despise another challenger,
how tiny he can be.
~ 植芝盛平, Ueshiba Morihei
Tumoshimo
LEVEL 1
LEVEL 1

http://tumoshimo.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Wisdom....

Post by Hyera on Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:39 pm

Good topic
Hyera
BG MASCOT
BG MASCOT

http://hyerahizyb.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tumoshimo on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:00 pm

Thank you. Smile
Tumoshimo
LEVEL 1
LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan_mikuza on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:46 pm

Hyera wrote:Good topic
batman approves

Full Moderator J

Back to top Go down

Post by Tumoshimo on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:20 pm

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus on keep aiming.

It can be hard to continue to focus on your goals when it seems that life is dragging you backwards, but that is the best way to get through the rough times. Everyone has times when it seems nothing is going right. Don't give up; just keep focusing on your ultimate objectives.

Realize that everything in life goes in cycles. The good times won't last forever, but neither will the bad times. eventually every wave , no matter how big, plays out and glides smoothly up onto the shore.

Your job is to continue to live in the now, while maintaining your focus on your goals. It is hard to hit your target if you are not focusing on your target. Stop focusing on how bad things are, and start focusing on your ultimate objective. Maintain that focus, no matter what is going on in your life currently. Eventually, that wave of bad times will break and you will see your goals manifest in your life.

A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything."

Remember to put the glass down.
~Courtesy of Jimmy Harmon
Tumoshimo
LEVEL 1
LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tumoshimo on Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:12 am

The warrior who trust his path doesn't need to prove the other wrong. Paulo Coelho

Have confidence in walking the path of the warrior. Though many others will not understand your lifestyle, ultimately, it is not their business. It is you who has to decide how you will live your life, not them.

Many will try to argue with you about how you have chosen to live your life, but you need not feel the need to defend your choices or prove that they are wrong. Spend your energy improving yourself, each and every day, and allow others to manage their own lives. Trust in your path and don't allow others to weaken your resolve or your confidence.
~ Bohdi Sanders author of the award-winning bestseller, Modern Bushido: Living a Life of Excellence

Tumoshimo
LEVEL 1
LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:54 am

Good or bad, people don't always get what they deserve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:42 pm

Key wrote:Good or bad, people don't always get what they deserve.

That's friggin true.

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels…upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" ~ Mario Savio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_C3yoxTSEk
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tumoshimo on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:39 pm

Key wrote:Good or bad, people don't always get what they deserve.
Indeed.
Tumoshimo
LEVEL 1
LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Joosh on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:33 am

Think, then act. Don't act, then think.
Joosh
LEVEL 1
LEVEL 1