Name the last game you played

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Name the last game you played

Post by Bryan Dacote on Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:11 pm

Been playing a lot of the classic Doom games using the epic mod "Brutal Doom".
I just finished Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, and both campaigns of Final Doom. Now to double back to Doom 2 and play the newer side story "No Rest For the Living" along with "Masters of Doom 2" and then two fan-made sequels to Final Doom.

If I'm still up for more Doom I'll marathon the Doom 3 series: Doom 3, Resurrection of Evil and Lost Missions.

I also happened to finish one of the two campaigns in Wolfenstein The New Order for the PC.

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels…upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" ~ Mario Savio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_C3yoxTSEk
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

http://www.blargaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester on Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:13 am

You have been playing a lot Doom, wow. I only played a little Doom at my friends because my parents didn't allow my brother and I to play violent games. So I'm very well versed on everything regarding Doom.

A lot of people seem to like Wolfenstein The New Order. I hear it's quite old school for a new game. You don't get many single player focused shooters these days.

I played "Emily is Away" a while back. The game is free on Steam. It's an indie that took me on a nostalgia trip Wink

SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:50 am

Thats why I liked it. I like it when a shooter is more old school than new school. Imo new shooters like Battlefield and CoD suck.

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels…upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" ~ Mario Savio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_C3yoxTSEk
Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester on Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:27 am

The single player campaigns of the new shooters are quite weak. Most shooters are heavily multiplayer focused now and if that isn't a person's thing then they'll struggle to enjoy them. Hopefully the release of Wolfenstein The New Order will encourage others to produce some old school shooters too. Variety is always great.
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:54 am

Yup, and I've never been one for Multiplayer. I prefered the days when Multiplayer was an option not the main feature.

I really enjoyed the Single Player of Wolfenstein The New Order. Sadly my laptop had troubles with the game so I just got the PS3 version. Also grabbed myself another PS3 copy of RAGE (I gave the copy I had to a friend as a gift and said I could get another for cheap) as well as Red Dead Redemption. Never played it before but I heard good things about it. Also picked up a couple cheap Wii games; Evil Under the Sun (a video game adaption of the novel by the same name by famed mystery novelist Agatha Christie. I've played another one done by the same company called "And Then There Were None" and enjoyed their games) and Blazing Angels 1 (I've played the 360 version and liked it so I'm wondering how good this is)

Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:50 am

You've snagged a couple of good games there, Bryans. I also played Blazing Angels on the Xbox 360 back in the day. I enjoy those aerial combat games. I remember playing Ace Combat on Playstation 1 and having so much fun with that. Evil under the Sun sounds interesting. I'm looking to get more into the puzzle adventure games. I played Red Dead Redemption and wasn't so keen on it at first. It grew on me as the story progressed though until I really became engrossed in the story. It's probably on of the best depictions of the Wild West in a video game. Another Rockstar game that I enjoyed was LA Noire, the detective game from them. I liked the 1940's aesthetic.
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote on Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:41 am

I have LA Noir across all 3 systems (360, PS3 and PC) but still haven't beaten it. it is one of those games I need a walkthrough for XD
(technically it was the 50's)

Evil Under the Sun (as well as And Then There Were None) is a point and click game like the early Telltale games or old edutainment games. Good voice acting and the music is good. Graphics are dated but they are like 10 years old now so it makes sense.

I tried one of the Ace Combat games for the 360 but hated the controls.

Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester on Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:48 am

Across all three systems, wow. It is well worth the effort to beat the game though. I think it was set in 1947 though I guess stylistically it does share a lot with the 1950s.

Sounds good. Graphics doesn't bother me so much. I was still playing NES games as a kid when most other kids were playing their new shiny Playstation 1 games. As long as it is fun then I'm in.

I haven't tried any of the newer Ace Combat games. It may be that nostalgia makes me look back at it with more fondness than it deserves. It does happen at times.
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyera on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Android game, Dungeon Hunter 5
Hyera
BG MASCOT
BG MASCOT

http://hyerahizyb.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyera on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:28 pm

lazy to try other games >__<
Hyera
BG MASCOT
BG MASCOT

http://hyerahizyb.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:35 am

Hahaha, you are very honest Hyera. The last game I played was probably Brawlhalla on PC. It's like a Super Smash Bros. knockoff.
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by MonjaElisa on Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:53 pm

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

MonjaElisa
Full Moderator M
Full Moderator M

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Dacote on Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:04 pm

Last game I finished was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for the gamecube, before that Wind Waker HD. I am slowly finishing up Twlight Princess HD now. I want to move onto DK64 or the Megaman Legends series now that all 3 games are on PSN.

Bryan Dacote
Admin Bry
Admin Bry

Back to top Go down

Post by MonjaElisa on Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:19 pm

Just spent about 3 hrs locked inside of a hard level in mario galaxy II! Great game as always shiggy~~

MonjaElisa
Full Moderator M
Full Moderator M

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester on Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:23 am

I've been playing "Hand of Fate". It's an action role-playing game with card game elements. It's quite fun.

SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 04, 2016 7:39 am

Mine would probably have to be Animal Crossing amiibo Festival o3o

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester on Wed May 04, 2016 8:56 am

Animal Crossing is definitely something I'd want to try out. I'm currently playing Sunset Overdrive. Smile

SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Tera

Post by Prima on Wed May 04, 2016 3:19 pm

I played Tera

On EU server PvP
It is my only online game I ever played. Before that I only played solo, CIV5 and earlier and sother strategies
Big fan of Bartle field also..

Prima
LEVEL 0
LEVEL 0

Back to top Go down

Post by SadJester on Thu May 05, 2016 8:38 am

I also like Battlefield. I used to play a lot of Battlefield Vietnam but recently got into Battlefield 4. It's really fun.
SadJester
LEVEL 20
LEVEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum